Presentations demonstrate how to employ real-world evidence to compare the cost-effectiveness and therapeutic benefit of different medical interventions
PRINCETON, NJ – Nov. 1, 2019 – Certara®, the global model-informed drug development and decision support leader, today announced that thought leaders from its Evidence & Access division will present 12 posters at ISPOR Europe. Those scientific posters cover a range of cutting-edge topics, including the use of real-world evidence in clinical decision-making, healthcare costs aligned to increased biosimilar uptake, and the performance of predictive algorithms versus data quality. This year’s conference will be held from Nov. 2-6 at the Bella Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes (ISPOR) is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) excellence to improve healthcare decisions.
“The pressure is increasing for biopharmaceutical and medtech companies to clearly demonstrate the value of their therapies or technologies in terms of cost savings and improved patient quality of life compared with other available options. Certara partners with global clients to help them effectively demonstrate and communicate that real-world value. We also work with payers to identify equitable payment strategies to ensure that patients can gain access to the best treatments, leveraging our Compass Expert Panel™ comprised of vetted decision makers from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, care delivery systems, specialty societies, and government organizations,” said Thomas Kerbusch, PhD, President of Certara Strategic Consulting.
Certara Evidence & Access leverages global population health intelligence to generate the highest level of scientific evidence of the real-world value of medicines and health technologies. Then, its BaseCase technology platform allows clients to communicate that value to payers, providers, and healthcare professionals. They can perform real-time data visualizations on the BaseCase platform during their meetings using data derived from integrated spreadsheets, datasets and R scripts.
Certara experts will be available to discuss market access and value strategies, decision analytics and modeling, real-world evidence solutions, and innovative contracts in booth #C2-020. Demonstrations will also be given of the BaseCase value communications platform.
Certara will participate in the following sessions at ISPOR Europe:
Monday, Nov. 4
10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- PNS405: Deriving Data for Cost-effectiveness Models from the French SNDS [National Health Data System] Database: a Feasibility Assessment – Meng J, Lister J, Appah-Gyamenah V, Gusto G, Quignot N.
- PNS293: Fitting an AIC-based Averaging Survival Model to Time-to-event Data – a Case Study Using Published Overall Survival Data – Meng J, Pierzchala P, Nikodem M, Appah-Gyamenah V, Lister J.
- PSU8: Comparing Costs of Using Fibrinogen Concentrate Versus Fresh Frozen Plasma in the Treatment of Bleeding During Cardiac Surgery in the Netherlands – Kelly M, Waldhauser H, Vilchez T, Dlotko E, Hutcheson R.
3:30 – 7 p.m.
- PCN42: Cabozantinib Versus Standard-of-care Comparators: a Network Meta-analysis of Progression-free Survival and Overall Survival in First-line Treatment of Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma – Lister J, Pafitis S, Meng J, Wiecek W, Schmidt E, Zagorska A, Marteau F.
Tuesday, Nov. 5
10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- PIN 134: Using Time-dependent Propensity Score Matching to Account for Patient’s Changing Clinical Status Leading Up to the Therapeutic Intervention: an Example Using Real-world Data – Chandak A, Zhang Z, Casciano R, Brundage T, Nichols G, Mozaffari E, Amzal B.
- PDB4: A Cost Offset Analysis (COA) Comparing Real-time Continuous Glucose Monitoring (RT-CGM) with Intermittent Scanning Continuous Glucose Monitoring (IS-CGM) in Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) Subjects with Impaired Hypoglycemia Awareness in Eight Countries – Minshall ME, Isitt J, Price D, Graham C, Lynch P.
3:30 – 7 p.m.
- PCV12: Adherence and Treatment Intensity of Lipid-lowering Therapy in Patients with History of Myocardial Infarction in France Using SNDS Database – Schiele F, Khachatryan A, Gusto G, Quignot N, Desamericq G, Chauny JV, Ricci L, Villa G, Kahangire DA.
3:45 – 7 p.m.
- PUK14: Cost-effectiveness of Convective Water Vapor Energy Therapy Compared to Prostatic Urethral Lift for Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – Nesser K, Chughtai B, Rojanasarot S, Amorosi SL, Appah-Gyamenah V, Gultyaev D, Minshall M, Shore ND.
- PUK36: Direct Healthcare Costs of Chronic Kidney Disease Management in Italy – How Much Saving Can be Achieved with Larger Biosimilar Uptake? – Berto P, Aiello A, Ingrasciotta Y, Sultana J, Formica D, Lentile V, Chinellato A, Tari DU, Gini R, Pastorello M, Scondotto S, Cananzi P, Traversa G, Genazzani A, Rossi M, Santoro D, Trifiro G.
4:15 – 4:30 p.m.
- P10: Mechanically Expanded Versus Self-expanding Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in High-risk Patients with Aortic Stenosis: a Budget Impact Analysis – Neeser K, Rizik DG, Amorosi SL, Dlotko E, Agrawal M, Rojanasarot S, Feng C, Ihlberg L, Reardon MJ.
Wednesday, Nov. 6
9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- PND94: Performance of Predictive Algorithms Versus Data Quality: a Comparative Study in Alzheimer’s Disease – Pafitis S, Amzal B, Angehrn Z, Kondic A, Qi L.
- PRO58: Clinical and Economic Burden of Transfusion-dependent Beta-thalassemia in France: a Retrospective Analysis of the French National Health Data System (SNDS) – Brousse V, Badens C, Quignot N, Qi L, Gatta F, Paramore C, Undreiner L.
Additional information about ISPOR Europe can be found at https://www.ispor.org/conferences-education/conferences/upcoming-conferences/ispor-europe-2019.
Certara optimizes R&D productivity, commercial value and patient outcomes through its unique portfolio of model-informed drug development, regulatory science, and market access solutions. In fact, 90+% of all novel drugs approved by the US FDA in the past four years were supported by Certara software or services. Its clients include 1,600 global biopharmaceutical companies, leading academic institutions, and key regulatory agencies across 60 countries. For more information, visit www.certara.com.
# # #